Construction Injuries Law Articles
Legal articles about Construction Injuries
written by lawyers to help you understand your rights
Construction Injuries - Recent Legal Articles
- Expert Witness Provides Testimony in Formaldehyde in Construction Materials Product Litigation Cases
Construction materials used in a product’s creation may contain certain harmful chemicals, and an expert witness may need to provide testimony... By HG.org
- My Employer Doesn’t Carry Workers’ Comp, Can I File a Personal Injury Claim?
The workers’ compensation package available to the employees usually removes the ability of the individual to seek a personal injury claim by... By HG.org
- When to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in North Carolina?
The North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act requires all businesses employing three or more employees to carry workers’ compensation insurance... By Younce, Vtipil & Baznik, P.A.
- Foot Injuries on the Job and Workers' Comp
Foot injuries are common among many workers in the U.S., including those in the construction, healthcare, transportation and hospitality... By Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C.
- What Are Light Duty Restrictions?
When an employee is injured at work, a Workers’ Compensation doctor may assign them to light duty. By Gross and Kenny, LLP
- Work Injuries Caused by Chemical Burns
If you have ever burned your finger on a hot stove, you know how painful even a minor burn can be. Imagine, then, suffering a severe burn at... By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Workers’ Compensation and the Loss of a Body Part
Workers’ compensation is a complicated program that was designed to support people who are injured on the job while they recover; or provide... By Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C.
- Proposed Penalty Increase for Construction Worker Misclassification
Employers must generally classify new-hires as either employees or independent contractors. The distinction is important because in... By Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C.
- Structural Collapses and Liability
In early June, a construction worker was killed and another trapped when a North Philadelphia row house collapsed during the demolition process.... By McCann & Wall, LLC
- The Fine Line Between an Aggregated Injury and Workers’ Compensation Claim
Can an employee collecting workers’ compensation receive additional damages from another accident? By d'Oliveira & Associates
- Does Workers’ Compensation Cover Travel for Work?
It may seem counterintuitive, but even with remote access technology and many people working from home, more and more people are traveling for... By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Can I Vacation While Receiving Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
If you are collecting Workers’ Compensation benefits for an injury you sustained while on the job, there are some things you should be aware of... By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Steps to Take if Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied
According to a recent study, the denial rate for Workers’ Compensation claims increased by close to seven percent between 2013 and 2017. By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Florida Personal Injury Compensation
Compensation for a personal injury is important to the victim to recover, to pay bills and to provide for daily living when he or she is not... By HG.org
- Construction Expert Witness Explains How to Reduce Risk at Commercial Properties
When a construction expert witness is hired for a case, it is to explain various aspects of the building, materials, persons involved and what... By HG.org
- Construction Expert Witnesses Explain Why Balconies Collapse
Balcony collapses often lead to severe injuries or death when someone is on the ledge when the accident occurs. With the help of a construction... By HG.org
- The 7 Most Common Work Hazards
To assess what work conditions contribute the most to worker injuries, illnesses and deaths, the National Safety Council (NSC) sends safety... By Galfand Berger LLP
- Changes to Crane Safety Regulations
Cranes are one of the largest pieces of equipment on a construction site and thus present a greater risk to construction workers, site visitors,... By Galfand Berger LLP
- Will Lawmakers Change New York's Scaffolding Law This Year?
Given that New York has one of the toughest scaffolding laws in the country, it is no surprise that many business associations, property owners,... By Edelman & Edelman, P.C.
- Ten of the most dangerous jobs for Workers Compensation
Are you one of the many Americans working at high risk job on a daily basis for the sake of a paycheck? For a lot of you, avoiding imminent... By Cousins, Desrosiers, And Morizio, P.C.
- Expert Witness Testimony in Interpretation of Building Code Cases
Building codes may require some interpretation for cases where someone has been injured or killed. This means an expert witness in building... By HG.org
- Will Recent Court Opinion Place New Limits on Construction Scaffold Law?
According to a recent, yep sharply divided, opinion issued by the New York Court of Appeals -- the state's highest court -- employers may not be... By Edelman & Edelman, P.C.
- What Are Third-Party Claims in Construction Site Accidents
Construction site workers can end up hurt or injured due to the risky nature of this work. By Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC
- Managing Construction Investigations with the Help of an Expert Witness
Investigations into construction incidents are important. When, where and how someone is injured or killed in an accident determine how much... By HG.org
- Expert Witness Explains Home Asbestos Exposure Liability
Cases of asbestos exposure may be complicated due to how long the material has been in the building, who put it there, why it was there and how... By HG.org
- Managing Risks and Investigations in Construction Litigation with an Expert Witness
Construction litigation is rife with complications, difficulties, risks and numerous types of investigations. These may be more in number when... By HG.org
- Rise of Construction Defect Claims and the Role of Expert Witnesses
Construction defect claims increase due to defective parts, materials, substances and similar concerns and have been on the rise since 2012.... By HG.org
- Expert Witness Explains Roofing Construction Flammability
Construction sites and projects are fraught with potential risks to the health and safety of workers at the site. These dangers are numerous and... By HG.org
- Expert Witness on the Serious Consequences of Inhaling Mold during Career or in Home
When mold is prevalent in a home or in a business setting, it may lead to serious health consequences. This substance may be a concern that... By HG.org
- Expert Witness Explains the Harmful Effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and How to Recover Damages
Carbon monoxide may lead to poisoning, injury and death when someone has been exposed to too much of the gas. It is colorless and odorless, so... By HG.org
- Expert Witness: How Can an Expert Identify Construction Defects?
When there is a need for a construction expert that must be used as a witness in a court case, he or she should have extensive knowledge and... By HG.org
- How Does an Architectural Expert Witness Find a Building Defective?
When there is a possible case where a building has been erected with defective areas or designs, it may be necessary to hire an architectural... By HG.org
- Expert Witness Common Dangers Faced by Construction Workers
Workplace injuries occur with infrequency depending upon the industry someone is in when harmed. Construction employees may face a greater... By HG.org
- Ways Social Media Undermines Personal Injury Claims
Social Media has become one of the top ways of communicating since the information age exploded. These platforms allow online individuals to... By HG.org
- Preventable Deaths According to the CDC
Of all the injuries that occur at a worksite, many of these are preventable. When a person has been harmed to the point he or she has little to... By HG.org
- What are the Most Common Causes & Types of Wrongful Death?
Do you believe that you have had a loved one pass way wrongfully? Are you wondering what qualifies as a wrongful death? By Groth & Associates
- Difference Between Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injuries
People often wonder whether there is any difference between a workers’ compensation and a typical personal injury case. While there are numerous... By The Moynahan Law Firm
- Workplace Risks in the Construction Industry
While every workplace poses a certain degree of risk, some industries are more inherently dangerous than others. Such is the case with the... By HG.org
- What Can I Expect to Happen in a Typical Injury Case in the State of Pennsylvania?
The laws regarding tort actions vary on a state-by-state basis. Further, what one can expect to experience in an injury case – to a certain... By Cohen, Placitella & Roth, PC
- How to Know When You Should Hire an Attorney for an Injury?
Not all accident claims require the guidance of an attorney. However, sometimes, claims are complex enough, or injuries are severe enough, that... By Cohen, Placitella & Roth, PC
- Structural Collapse Accidents
In the city of Philadelphia, the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) regulates construction and demolition projects to maintain the... By Law Offices of Grungo Colarulo
- Legal Responsibility for Defects in Construction
People around the world enter and inhabit residential and commercial buildings every day. By Law Offices of Grungo Colarulo
- OSHA's New Confined Space Mandates
Working in the construction industry is one of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. Workers deal with a variety of hazards on a daily... By Law Offices of Grungo Colarulo
- New Legislation Protecting Pennsylvania Highway Workers
Lawmakers in Pennsylvania are reviewing multiple provisions to discourage speeding in highway work zones. By Galfand Berger LLP
- Aerial Lift Dangers
Aerial lifts continue to injure construction workers. A common scenario is when a worker is pinned by a lift against an object, either to the... By Galfand Berger LLP
- Scaffolding Safety Regulations
A worker was recently left hanging from his safety harness, eight stories up on the side of a building in Wilmington, Delaware for 30 nerve... By Schmidt, Kirifides & Rassias
- Fatal Crane Accidents
Construction workers must contend with a variety of safety hazards on every work shift. Many of these hazards come from the heavy equipment... By Law Offices of Grungo Colarulo
- Operation Orange Squeeze on the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Operation Orange Squeeze has begun along the Pennsylvania Turnpike as Pennsylvania State Police make the safety of their construction workers... By Galfand Berger LLP
- Seeking Compensation for Construction Accident Injuries in Rhode Island
Learn what you need to do if injured in a construction accident for a greater chance of success in your injury claim. By d'Oliveira & Associates
- Construction Worker Killed in Mast Climber Accident
Three construction workers were recently killed, and one seriously injured, when the mast climber they were working on collapsed and sent them... By Law Offices of Grungo Colarulo