Environmental and Natural Resources Law Articles
Legal articles about Environmental and Natural Resources
written by lawyers to help you understand your rights
Environmental and Natural Resources - Recent Legal Articles
- Hazardous Waste - How Does the Law Define It?
Hazardous waste occurs when humans, manufacturing, industry, and agriculture create contaminated byproducts and substances. Contaminated... By HG.org
- How Pipeline Transportation Leads to Gas Explosions?
Pipeline transportation is one of the most cost-effective methods to transport natural gases and hazardous liquid products to homes and... By Morrow & Sheppard LLP
- Smuggling Exotic Live Animals into the U.S. - Penalties
Smuggling exotic living animals into the country could lead to severe consequences that may start with the seizure of the animal and incur a... By HG.org
- Selling a Fur Coat Made from an Endangered Animal
Selling fur coats made from any animal could cause the seller to run into either community problems or legal issues depending on the animal in... By HG.org
- Environmental Cleanup and the Landlord-Tenant Relationship
Determining who is responsible and what to do about an environmental cleanup with a business site may depend on the type of damage caused by the... By HG.org
- Importing Food and Plants - Legal and Environmental Problems
When a person either leaves the country and brings plants or food into the United States or attempts to import the items through another manner,... By HG.org
- Import Animal Skins or Ivory
Importing items either through claiming merchandise or when importing through an individual transaction or through a business requires various... By HG.org
- Animal Rescue Groups and Legal Liabilities
Rescuing animals is a noble pursuit, but if the creatures attack another person while under the guardianship of the rescue group, the incident... By HG.org
- Property Excavation Due to Neighbor’s Invasive Plants – Who Pays?
The underground spreading and invasion of plants may cause serious damage to neighboring property. Excavation may be the only remedy a neighbor... By HG.org
- Buying Oil or Gas Wells in a Bankruptcy Auction
For auctions from a bankruptcy lot, it is important to consider all factors involved in the sale that may also include taxes for any oil or gas... By HG.org
- You Must Have Effective Policies in Place Before Allowing Pets at Work
We adore our pets. Actually, we adore our pets to the point where many corporations currently allow pets in the workplace on a regular basis as... By Katz Law Group, P.C.
- Must Knows of the Clean Water Act
The Clean Water Act was put into effect to ensure that both ground water and drinking water are clean for use and may provide the public... By HG.org
- Environmental Laws Every Small Business Owner Must Know
Small business owners facing potential violations with environmental laws should research these matters before the event ends in disaster. This... By HG.org
- Small Businesses and Disposal of Hazardous Waste
While working under the United States Environmental Protection Agency and ensuring that all guidelines are in adherence, the small business... By HG.org
- Hazardous Air Pollutants from Mobile Sources
Air pollution is still a problem in the United States, and when these issues arise from mobile sources, it is crucial to control the equipment.... By HG.org
- What You Need to Know about Wetland Protection Laws
The Environmental Protection Agency protect the wetlands, and it is important to know what these details entail for those that may reside or... By HG.org
- What Causes Indoor Air Pollution and When Am I Liable?
Air pollution is a serious problem for workers and those that reside indoors for most of the day or night, and these issues could lead to... By HG.org
- Sales Tax Surge to Help Texas to Keep Its Books in Balance
Keeping the books of the state of Texas balanced can be something of a challenge. The past session of the Texas Legislature balanced the 2018-19... By The Posey Law Firm, PC
- Environmental Contamination Cases that Need Testimony from an Expert Witness
Environmental contamination affects thousands around the country each year when there is a breach from contaminated sources into the drinking... By HG.org
- Environmental Engineering Expert Witness Can Help in Wastewater Contamination Cases
Wastewater that has contaminated drinking or ground water is dangerous to the public if it mixes with the primary drinking source. Environmental... By HG.org
- Environmentally-Compliant and Safe Company Buildings
To ensure employees have a safe and environmentally compliant indoor space, there are several things that a company or corporation should place... By HG.org
- National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Ground Water Rule
The regulations and laws regarding the primary drinking around the nation are important and explain why various activities must not be performed... By HG.org
- Home Heating Oil Dumped into Basement Rather than Holding Tank –Environmental Issue or a Negligence Claim?
When an oil company has become involved in the personal property of an individual, it is possible that a negligence or environmental cleanup... By HG.org
- Creating Safe and Environmentally-Compliant Indoor Areas
Creating a safe and possibly compliant indoor area within a company that is compliant with local and federal laws is not difficult, but it does... By HG.org
- State Funded Network of Sensors Begins to Track Fracking Related Earthquakes in Texas
Houston Public Media is reporting that a network of seismology sensors, partly funded by the state of Texas, is up and running. The TexNet... By The Posey Law Firm, PC
- Environmental Regulations Effect on Small Businesses
There are several environmental regulations that are in place for numerous larger and smaller businesses in the United States. The Environmental... By HG.org
- Wildlife, Fish, and Plants: Violations of the Lacey Act in Customs Law
The Lacey Act was passed in 1900 and was the first federal law to protect wildlife. This intersection of conservation and Customs Law makes it... By HG.org
- How Much Money Can I Recover from a Mesothelioma Claim?
Working with asbestos exposure victims for so many years has taught me that no two compensation claims are the same. Therefore, the amount of... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- When Should You Contact an Asbestos Lawyer?
Filing a claim for asbestos exposure is a complex matter. If you want to make the most out of your case and avoid the hurdles of the legal... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Veterans Exposed to Asbestos: How the Veterans’ Choice Program Extension and Improvement Act Can Help
Veterans have had their share of misfortune in dealing with the VA health care system in the past years. Despite their right to benefit from... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Filing a Claim for Asbestos Non-Occupational Exposure
Asbestos exposure is the cause of multiple diseases such as mesothelioma or asbestosis. This mineral which occurs naturally in the environment... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Avoiding the Dangers of Asbestos Exposure in the Aftermath of Natural Disasters
This year, we have witnessed several severe natural disasters that caused significant material loss. Apart from the immediate destruction and... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Logging Company Destroyed Land While Exceeding Scope of Contract. Can It Be Prosecuted or Just Sued?
When a person or entity has been wronged, the victim may consider criminal as well as civil remedies. In many cases, there may be criminal... By HG.org
- The Hidden Danger in Molded Plastics
Plastic materials have been used from the beginning of the 20th century across multiple industries. Despite environmentalist concerns, nowadays... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- What Types of Environmental Checks Do I Need to Perform when Purchasing a Business?
Purchasing a business takes more than just buying the assets, equity or interest. There are many checks to perform including environmental... By HG.org
- How to File an Asbestos Compensation Claim on Behalf of Someone Else
An asbestos disease diagnosis is a devastating verdict. Victims and their families must be aware that these conditions, though irreversible, can... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Can HOA Covenants Prohibit Energy–Efficient Improvements Like Solar Panels?
The installation of solar panels on a home is important to reduce energy costs, become part of the green movement and ensure there is always at... By HG.org
- How Does the Toxic Substances Control Act Limit Asbestos Use?
The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was enacted in 1976, and it grants the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) the necessary... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- Does the Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency (FACT) Act Really Help Asbestos Victims?
Asbestos is still present in our lives, although it’s been more than 40 years since this deadly mineral’s use started to be limited. Thousands... By Environmental Litigation Group P.C.
- If I Rent Commercial Property, Am I Shielded from Environmental Law Liability?
When someone is buying, leasing or renting a property, he or she may be under preconceived notions that certain laws or regulations may not... By HG.org
- Privatizing the Patriot Act: The Criminalization of Environmental and Animal Protectionists
The United States Patriot Act was implemented in 2001, and it has given law enforcement and other related agencies additional power to seek out,... By HG.org
- The Challenges and Strides of Sustainability in Columbia, SC
As global heat records have been shattered in the summer of 2016, many Americans are growing frustrated at the rate of progress being made in... By Louthian Law Firm, PA
- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Funding Problem
In theory, as well as in public support, Texas Parks and Wildlife funding is essential. The funds are garnered through a sporting good sales tax... By The Posey Law Firm, PC
- How to Handle Natural Disaster Insurance Claims
Need to file a natural disaster insurance claim? Get all the information you need for a successful claim from our 15-step process. By Layfield & Barrett
- Unsafe Asbestos Removal
Many buildings were constructed with asbestos insulation in the past. After the discovery that the material is hazardous to humans, many... By HG.org
- Massachusetts Environmental Fine Demonstrates Need to Adhere to Permit Requirements
A Salisbury, Massachusetts marina recently incurred a $14,380 penalty for its failure to adhere to the terms of an Activity and Use Limitation... By Michelman & Bricker
- Animal Cruelty Cases
This year, the FBI has begun tracking cases of animal abuse on a national level in order to research trends and adopt prevention strategies.... By Francis J. Falkenstein
- Service Animals–An Overview
Service animals are animals which are trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Under the... By HG.org
- Proposal to Add Vineland NJ to Superfund List of Hazardous Waste Sites
The Environmental Protection Agency recently proposed that the former Kil-Tone Company factory site in Vineland, New Jersey be added to the... By Michelman & Bricker
- Crime and Punishment and Facebook
Not long ago the Internet blew up over the killing of Cecil the lion, a 13-year-old lion living in a Zimbabwean preserve, by an American dentist... By Hebets & McCallin