Insurance Law Articles
Legal articles about Insurance
written by lawyers to help you understand your rights
Insurance - Recent Legal Articles
- Joining a Class Action - What Does "Certifying a Class" Mean?
Class certification is for a class action lawsuit, and it helps to associate a plaintiff with the lawsuit through similarities in factors of the... By HG.org
- How to Get a Criminal Case Dismissed Before Trial
Every case is unique and the best criminal defense attorneys will weigh all factors to develop a case theory and types of criminal defenses most... By Chudnovsky Law
- Business Cyber Attack - How to Recover Compensation
Cyber attacks can happen to any business no matter how large or small, but the greater number of attacks generally center around companies that... By HG.org
- Insurance Settlement Claim Denied - How a Lawyer Can Help
Denials of settlement compensation for the claim against another driver or the person that caused damage to a home are serious issues when the... By HG.org
- I Was in an Auto Accident: Who Will Pay for My Medical Bills?
Differences exist between the laws related to car accidents and insurance in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By d'Oliveira & Associates
- Pennsylvania Penalty Petitions for Workers' Comp Claims
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim is not always easy. Injured workers, who may be physically struggling with pain and other side effects of... By Gross and Kenny, LLP
- How Serious Does an Accident Need to Be to Justify Filing a Lawsuit?
You’ve been injured in an accident. You’ve missed some work, experienced a painful injury, but you didn’t need extensive treatment and suffered... By McNeely Stephenson
- The Insurance Adjuster Only Wants to Pay for My Emergency Room Visit. What Should I Do?
After you’ve been involved in a car accident, it is very important that you receive all of the medical treatment that you need to get better –... By Lem Garcia Law
- How States' No-Fault Insurance Policies Affect a Car Accident Claim
Insurance policies in states with no-fault coverage usually remove the possibility of a car accident claim through usual legal channels in suing... By HG.org
- Small Boat Accident Injuries - Are They Covered by Homeowner’s Insurance?
Often, when a policyholder takes out homeowners’ insurance, it usually only possesses limited coverage for other items such as boating or... By HG.org
- What Does “Loss of Enjoyment” Mean in the Context of a Car Accident Case?
Car accident cases often cause severe injuries to the victims of these incidents, and some of these collisions are life-altering to the point... By HG.org
- Enforcing a Personal Injury Case against a Defendant Who Doesn’t Have Insurance
When injured by a party that has no insurance, it is important to consider if the legal suit is worth the time, energy and money to pursue. If... By HG.org
- Can I Sue for Being Hurt on Faulty Stairs While I Was at a Real Estate Open House?
The issue of suing when harmed for stairs with defects or unmaintained products is crucial when considering the damages owed to the victim after... By HG.org
- What Is a Demand Letter?
When an insurance company is part of a settlement for an incident, there are certain offers that are reasonable that the policyholder should... By HG.org
- Can I Sue if I Live in a No-Fault Insurance State?
No-fault insurance stats usually remove the issue about the party that owes and determining who is responsible for the incident so that the... By HG.org
- When You Are Partially At-Fault in a Car Accident
Car accidents may not always be clear cut incidents in which one driver takes the blame and the other obtains compensation for the damage done. By Chappell, Smith & Arden, Attorneys at Law
- Driving a Friend’s Car and Got into an Accident. Can Friend Be Sued Too?
The issue of litigation in car accidents usually is a problem between whose insurance company will cover the damages owed to the victim or for... By HG.org
- Insurance Expert Witness in Violations of State Insurance Claims
When there are violations incurred with the state insurance claims either for the company or against it, these matters may require the services... By HG.org
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in a No-Fault State?
In no-fault states like Florida, many drivers feel as though they don’t really need the help of a Florida personal injury attorney. If they’re... By Goldman Babboni Fernandez & Walsh
- Uninsured Drivers in Both Cars at Time of Accident - What Happens?
There are times when both drivers crash where neither party has any insurance to support compensation for the incident for any damages. The... By HG.org
- Injured in a Car Accident and No Health Insurance. Will the Car Insurance Company Pay for My Med Bills?
If you were injured in a car accident and don’t have health insurance, it is very important that you speak to an experienced personal injury... By Lem Garcia Law
- Child Support Alternatives to Money
There are some ways a parent may provide additional child support such as through a trust, a special type of account that may gather interest,... By HG.org
- Legal Options When Injured by an Uninsured Motorist
Most states require all drivers to carry a minimum level of auto insurance, but not every driver does so. A car accident can cause serious... By Guajardo & Marks, LLP
- Involved in a Car Accident and I Don’t Have Insurance Coverage. What Should I Expect?
If you were involved in a car accident, but weren’t carrying insurance car insurance coverage at the time, it is important to know what to... By Lem Garcia Law
- Will the Insurance Company Have Someone Follow Me Around after I’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it is very possible that the other party’s insurance company will hire an investigator to follow you... By Lem Garcia Law
- Employer Instructing Me to Commit Insurance Fraud – Am I Liable?
When an employee is facing a decision to follow through with employer demands, it is important to consider if the matter involves something... By HG.org
- Hurricane Property Damage Claim – Do I Need a Lawyer?
When there is any possible problem with a claim and an insurance company attached to the matter, it is generally crucial to hire a lawyer to... By HG.org
- My Car Is in the Tow Yard after a Car Accident. What Should I Do?
If you were involved in a car accident and had your car towed to the tow yard, it is very important that you get the car out as soon as possible... By Lem Garcia Law
- Recent Insurance Subrogation Ruling in Pennsylvania
With few exceptions, Pennsylvania workers are covered by the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. The Act provides injured workers with... By Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C.
- Should You Accept an Offer from an Insurance Company?
If you've recently been injured as a result of another person's or entity's negligence, then you may be anxiously awaiting an offer from the... By Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller
- Appeal of Administrative DUIs before the Division of Insurance Board
There are certain differences between a criminal DUI and an administrative DUI for drugs or alcohol offense. The individual behind the wheel... By HG.org
- Bus Driver Suddenly Accelerated and I Fell – Do I Have a Case?
Before a person is able to determine if he or she can sue a bus driver or the company, it is important to consider the actual injuries and how... By HG.org
- Car Accident Insurance Adjuster Has Not Offered Me What I Believe My Case Is Worth
If you were injured in a car accident and the other party is at fault, you deserve to get compensated fairly for your injuries. If you have been... By Lem Garcia Law
- Real Estate Misrepresentation with Flood Insurance
During the sale of a property, it is important to obtain as much information about the deal as possible such as insurance, what comes with the... By HG.org
- Nanny Cams – Homeowner's Insurance Right to Footage after a Claim Is Filed
For the claims attached to nanny cam footage, the homeowner may have a right to reclaim the files depending on the circumstances and how much... By HG.org
- Residents Affected by California Wildfires File Insurance Lawsuit
The use of sublimits and arguments about "wear and tear" on a home that has been damaged by a wildfire are not new tactics in the insurance... By Cutter Law PC
- Commercial Truck Accident Cases - Critical Evidence to Win
Faced with property damage and injuries from a commercial trucking accident, the victim will need a lawyer and plenty of evidence to pursue a... By HG.org
- Commercial Truck Black Boxes May Provide Evidence for Your Accident Claim
The black box devices that exist in many commercial trucks provide a person or legal professional with evidence of what happens during an... By HG.org
- Does Homeowners’ Insurance Cover Dog Bites?
Many policies under homeowners’ insurance cover the accidents and attacks from animals when a person lives in the home, visits the property or... By HG.org
- Personal Injury Protection: What It Does and Does Not Cover for Vehicle Insurance
The insurance policy with coverage of personal injury protection in a separate part of coverage that a driver usually must purchase in addition... By HG.org
- Do I Have to Give the Other Party’s Car Insurance Company a Statement after a Car Accident?
After you’ve been involved in a car accident, the other party’s insurance carrier will want to take your recorded statement. The other party’s... By Lem Garcia Law
- Should I Try to Handle My Car Accident Claim on My Own First? And Get an Attorney if I’m Having Problems?
After you’ve been involved in a car accident, it is important that you handle your case correctly from the very beginning. There are a variety... By Lem Garcia Law
- Key Person Life Insurance for Small Business
For the small business owner, key person or key man life insurance is generally necessary to insure the primary person in the company in case of... By HG.org
- I Was Involved in Car Accident and the Insurance Company Is Giving Me the Run Around. What Should I Do?
It is very common for people who have been involved in a car accident to feel like the insurance companies are giving them the run around. If... By Lem Garcia Law
- How Does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Work in Florida?
If you own a car in Florida, you are required to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) on your auto insurance policy. By Coye Law Firm
- Exchange Students and Homeowner’s Insurance Policies
The coverage in a homeowner’s insurance policy often lists certain exclusions that the host family may need to understand when hosting a foreign... By HG.org
- Insurance Adjuster Wants to Meet with Me to Settle My Car Accident Case. What Should I Do?
If an insurance adjuster wants to settle your car accident case with you, you should talk to an experienced personal injury attorney first. An... By Lem Garcia Law
- My Car Was Totaled in a Car Accident. Can I Keep It?
If your car was totaled in a car accident and you want to retain it, you may be able to keep your car and still get paid for your vehicle. If... By Lem Garcia Law
- Can I Get Life Insurance If My Spouse Committed Suicide?
While the devastating consequences of a spouse committing suicide are emotional and horrific for the surviving loved one, knowing if life... By HG.org
- Exchange Students & Medical Needs - Who Covers the Bills?
An exchange student from another country has the rights to medical attention in case he or she has a condition or becomes sick in the United... By HG.org