Product Liability Law Articles
Legal articles about Product Liability
written by lawyers to help you understand your rights
Product Liability - Recent Legal Articles
- Tesla Accused of Misleading Customers About Autopilot Safety
According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the self-driving Autopilot feature in their autonomous vehicle can significantly reduce the number of car... By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Joining a Class Action - What Does "Certifying a Class" Mean?
Class certification is for a class action lawsuit, and it helps to associate a plaintiff with the lawsuit through similarities in factors of the... By HG.org
- Product Liability Claim - How a Lawyer Can Help
When harmed by a product purchased by the consumer, it is important to consult with a lawyer to first determine if the case is valid and then in... By HG.org
- What Health Complications Are Associated with Revision Hip Replacement Surgery?
Though hip implants are normally helpful to patients, when complications arise they could be in for a turbulent revision surgery. By Kershaw, Cook & Talley
- Asbestos in Baby Powder Cases - Product Liability Expert Witness Testimony
There are several cases where there are toxic substances used as materials in products used for young children or babies that require the... By HG.org
- Florida Injury Law on Defective Brakes
It is possible to pursue a legal claim against multiple parties in Florida when suffering injury for defective breaks in an accident, and this... By HG.org
- I Was Exposed to Asbestos on the Job 30 Years Ago. Can I Still Sue?
It is often difficult to hold an employer responsible for the exposure to asbestos products and materials even if it is the job place that... By HG.org
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Child Injured in a Personal Injury?
The statute of limitations is the time limit that the courts provide for a person to bring forth litigation or a criminal offense for certain... By HG.org
- Can I Sue the City If I Was Injured on a City Bus with Faulty Brakes?
Defective parts on a vehicle usually provide the injured party with the chance to seek a legal option for recovery to include suing the company,... By HG.org
- How Long Does It Usually Take to Close a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury claims may take anywhere between two weeks to two or more years depending on the factors of the case and the complexity of the... By HG.org
- When Can I File a Personal Injury Lawsuit When the Statute of Limitations Has Expired?
In general situations, it is not possible to pursue a personal injury claim after the statute of limitations deadline expires unless special... By HG.org
- Where Could I Have Been Exposed to Asbestos?
There are some locations that have a higher chance of asbestos materials and products that expose the individual to the dangerous fibers that... By HG.org
- Use of Expert Witnesses in Football Head Injury Claims
There are several types of expert witnesses that may assist with a traumatic brain or head injury with a professional football player in either... By HG.org
- What Is the Maximum Amount a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Take from a Client’s Settlement?
Generally, a personal injury lawyer will require a fee that is a percentage of the client’s settlement total once the funds disburse through a... By HG.org
- Patients with Complications from Cyberonics VNS Therapy Systems May Qualify to File a Lawsuit
Cyberonics has recalled VNS Therapy Systems equipped with an AspireSR Model 106 Generator because of a software problem that could cause these... By Heygood Orr & Pearson
- Expert Witness Provides Testimony in Formaldehyde in Construction Materials Product Litigation Cases
Construction materials used in a product’s creation may contain certain harmful chemicals, and an expert witness may need to provide testimony... By HG.org
- Can You Sue for Chemical Exposure?
If you have been injured because of a toxic substance, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injuries. The circumstances under which... By Law Offices of Steven H. Heisler
- Are Liability Claims Affected by Vehicle Recalls?
As consumers, we make many informed decisions when purchasing a product. With so many purchases under our belts, it is not uncommon to have... By Chappell, Smith & Arden, Attorneys at Law
- Lemon Laws - Legal Recourse after Purchasing a Lemon Automobile
There are various forms of lemon laws throughout the entire country, and these protect the buyer from purchasing a used car that is unreliable... By HG.org
- Expert Witness Explains How Lack of Warning Labels Can Lead to Crane Accidents
Crane accidents generally occur when an operator is unaware of certain issues based on a lack of warning labels or when the instructions do not... By HG.org
- Importance of Responding to a Vehicle Recall
In 2017, there were over 30 million automobile recalls involving defective parts. When a company issues a recall, they must notify their... By LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
- Athletic Helmets - Is Refurbishing Adequate to Avoid Liability for Head Injuries?
Refurbished equipment usually is not as adequate as new products, and if any defects still exist, the item could increase the liability for the... By HG.org
- Jury Awards Iowa Woman’s Family $29.5 Million in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
The woman’s death was due the doctor’s failure to administer the correct medication to reverse an allergic reaction to Gadolinium contrast dye. By d'Oliveira & Associates
- Workplace Injuries Due to Faulty Equipment - Who Is Liable?
Workplace accidents can take a hard-working individual and pull them out of the job, leaving them to struggle without income and help. In most... By Kaplan Lawyers, P.C.
- Recall Repair Failed or Caused More Problems - Legal Remedies
With significant defects that exist in a car, the vehicle may go through a recall where the manufacturer will repair the matter and give an all... By HG.org
- 3D Printed Products - Copyright Issues
3D printed products often exist through a design with software for the printer that may receive protections from copyright laws due to the... By HG.org
- 3d Printed Objects - Who Is Liable When They Cause Injury?
Product liability cases tend to target the manufacturer of the item based on design or batch defects that exist which harm the person through... By HG.org
- Tesla Agrees to Set Aside $5 Million to Settle Class Action over Defective Autopilot
Tesla will compensate drivers with the autopilot system due to the defective autopilot claims. By d'Oliveira & Associates
- Proving a Design Defect
Design defects often cause harm through instructed use of the item the public purchases, and it is in these claims against the manufacturer or... By HG.org
- Medical Device Defects - The FDA’s Medical Device Standard
Medical device standards run through the Food and Drug Administration to establish if there are possible risks to the health and well-being of... By HG.org
- Common Florida Personal Injury Claims
To proceed through an individual personal injury claim in the state of Florida, the individual may require knowledge and research into common... By HG.org
- Product Liability - Failure to Warn and the Consequences
Product liability claims normally include defects or a "failure to warn" which may involve the product's manufacturer or a retailer which... By HG.org
- Consumer Products - Determining Defects
Defective products are a significant source of injury to the consumer public when purchasing the item and using it as instructed by the company... By HG.org
- Expert Witnesses Discuss Liability in Drone Accident Cases
Drone accidents occur when the person flying the drone loses control or is not as responsible for the movements as he or she should ensure when... By HG.org
- Autonomous Vehicle Deaths May Require Expert Witness Testimony
Autonomous vehicles are relatively new inventions, and the law has not quite caught up with them. Autonomous vehicles may be self-driving... By HG.org
- Why Medical Bills Are a Big Concern after a Serious Injury
These days, you could find yourself the victim of a personal injury in any number of ways. They often leave victims with a mountain of medical... By Johnson Law Firm
- Documents Your Personal Injury Lawyer Wants For Filing Your Case in New Jersey
A stressful personal injury case can be cracked easily, but this can be possible if you have your personal injury lawyer. It can be sorted away... By Law Offices of Howard N. Sobel
- New Jersey Person Injury and LLC Liability
Personal injury due to the actions of a limited liability company is difficult to prove successful because of the corporate veil that protects... By HG.org
- When a Faulty Repair Causes a Vehicle Accident
When you think about auto accidents, usually you think about crashes between two vehicles or about single-car accidents where the driver lost... By The Stoddard Firm, LLC
- Expert Witness Testimony on Defective Product Factors
Defective products harm clients and customers alike and understanding the factors that lead to these incidents is important and also where the... By HG.org
- Can I Sue Over a Defective Medical Device?
Defective medical devices often cause severe pain or injury to the person, and in certain instances, they will kill the individual through... By HG.org
- Improperly Maintained Home Medical Equipment
When the medical equipment is required at home, the individual may not maintain it properly which could lead to harm to the person physically.... By HG.org
- Medical Device Errors and Defect Claims
The errors that medical devices may have could lead to a defect claim when the individual using such machine does so through instructed or... By HG.org
- Jury Orders J&J, Imerys to Pay $117 Million over Talcum Powder-Mesothelioma Link
A New Jersey jury has ordered Johnson & Johnson and Imerys Talc America to pay $117 million in damages to a woman and her husband who was... By Heygood Orr & Pearson
- Potential Defendants in Medical Device Cases
When the victim of a medical device case needs to pursue legal action for compensation, he or she must do so with a specific person or company,... By HG.org
- Expert Witness for a Defective Cell Phone Case
When a customer that purchases a cell phone suffers injury due to the case or a defect in design or materials, he or she may need to raise a... By HG.org
- False Claims and Defective Medical Devices
False claims that deal with medical devices and defects could occur through no less than two types of incidents where either the patient makes a... By HG.org
- Why People File Wrongful Death Claims
When an accident claims the life of loved one, families may experience extreme emotional suffering, along with financial hardship. While nothing... By Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller
- Expert Witness Describes Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Causes
Carbon monoxide poisoning happens in cars with exhaust problems and inside homes where the resident lives and breathes that dangerous air.... By HG.org
- Biomechanics Expert Witness for Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims consume the courts when a single or several products cause injury to the consumers that purchase them, and an expert is... By HG.org