Real Estate Lawyers in the USA
Real Estate Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Real Estate Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Trademark Protection for Architectural Works & Other Designs
Trademarks can play a vital role in protecting architectural features in buildings, including the design of nonfunctional exterior and interior features, and the layout of a store or business. Trademark law may also be used to protect an architect’s “signature” style in the design of a building, though in narrow circumstances.
- Copyright Protection for Architectural Works & Other Designs
What Does Copyright Protect? Copyright law protects original works that are fixed in a “tangible medium of expression.”
- How Does a Real Estate Lawyer Help with Boundary Disputes?
Boundaries with real estate are good to have so that each person is aware of what property he or she is responsible for. This also enhances relationships when there are fewer disputes.
- What Is a Partition Action and How Does a Real Estate Lawyer Help?
Partition actions often come about because the property or land that has been purchased has more than one person’s interest. This could be a loved one or someone that has a financial interest.
- What Does a Real Estate Lawyer Do in a Purchase or Sale of a Home?
Some people who are buying or selling their home may try to minimize the cost associated with the transaction by foregoing using a lawyer’s services.
- When Do I Need a Real Estate Lawyer?
A real estate lawyer performs many important functions. Knowing when you may need the assistance of a real estate lawyer may help you avoid potential problems.
- Common Mistakes in New York Mechanic's Liens
Contractors and suppliers file liens in New York because they didn't get paid. But because liens are statutory creatures, sometimes the most minute detail can void the lien and prevent the contractor or supplier from getting paid.
- What Is Due Diligence - A Private Investigator's Perspective
Due diligence is the reasonable inquiry into a business proposal or through the process of buying or selling something of value. Through this process, individuals and businesses can often determine whether an investment or transaction may be a good deal.
- Options for Dealing with Residential Real Estate in Divorce
In many divorces, the biggest single assets are the retirement funds and the residential real estate. Sometimes, the only issue preventing an agreement is what to do about the house.
- Severe Weather Incidents in Texas Spur Record Insurance Claims by Home and Property Owners
The state of Texas experiences more instances of high winds, hail storms, tornadoes, flooding, and other extreme weather events than any other state in the U.S. Although insurance offers home and property owners some protection from damage caused by extreme weather, many homeowners may be vulnerable due to coverage exclusions or bad faith actions by an insurance company.