Social Services Law Lawyers in the USA
Social Services Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Social Services Law - Recent Legal Articles
- Can a Social Worker End Protective Service Against a Doctor’s Recommendation?
Ending protective service for a person or child requires knowing the situation fully and if it is in the best interests of the individual. Doing this against the recommendation of a doctor is not advisable, but it may be possible with the right circumstances.
- If I Relocate Overseas Permanently, do I Lose my SSDI Benefits?
Social Security Disability is available to those that are elderly, disabled or have qualified for the benefits. There are many specific requirements, and it is easy to miss a filing deadline that may cancel or limit monetary assistance.
- How Federal Debts May Affect Your SSD Paycheck
by Herren Law
Now that you’ve gone through the Social Security disability process and started receiving your monthly benefits, you are free to use the money however you’d like. In most cases, the payments are deposited into your bank account, put onto a prepaid card, or sent to your home by check.
- Kickbacks and Fraud in Our Health Care System
The health care industry in the United States is plagued by fraud, abuse and waste. In fact, it costs us up to $60 billion every year. People often think of fraud as being identity theft or fraudulent billing practices, and while those things are certainly a big problem in our current system, fraud often occurs in the form of “kickbacks.”
- Which is Best for My Handicapped Child’s Education, a 504 Plan or an IEP?
Determining which plan is better for a child with special education needs depends on various factors. An IEP is an individualized education program designed to improve the school experience with services that meet the needs of children that require additional or alternate help.
- Compassionate Allowance Programs
Various claims for Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability are often met with resistance. Large amounts of time and energy are used to prove a claim when the money is desperately needed by someone that cannot work or work enough to support the household.
- How Can People Lose Their Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits provide claimants with much needed income while they are unable to work. However, in some cases, these benefits can be lost.
- How Workers’ Compensation Impacts Social Security Disability Benefits
Disability payments from private sources, such as private pension or insurance benefits, do not affect your Social Security disability (“SSD”) benefits.
- The SSA and Direct Deposit: Making Social Security Benefits Payment Easier
Times are getting tougher by the day. As it is, people with disabilities are finding it hard to survive on a daily basis. Because of their disabilities, they are forced to give up their jobs.
- Electronic Healthcare Records Linked to Speedier Processing of Social Security Disability Claims
The Wright State Research Institute has developed a new software system to implement electronic healthcare records in order to speed up the process of evaluating social security disability claims.