Theft Lawyers in the USA
Theft Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Theft - Recent Legal Articles
- Defending Burglary, Robbery and Theft Related Charges in Philadelphia
Burglary, robbery, and theft-related charges in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania carry serious consequences which will affect your life now and in the future.
- Helping Someone Who Has Committed a Crime: Are You Committing a Crime Yourself?
When a person helps or "gives assistance" to a friend or family member who's committing a crime, that person may be committing a crime known as aiding and abetting in Kansas City. Even though the idea to commit the offense may not have been yours and you may have only played a small role by helping, you could face criminal charges. If you helped someone who has committed a crime in any way, you'll want to seek the legal guidance of a seasoned Kansas City criminal defense attorney.
- Petit Crimes: "The Devil Made Me Do It!"
Being arrested or charged with a crime can be a devastating experience, especially when you've never been in trouble before. People caught shoplifting are often blindsided by their own behavior and have a difficult time explaining what motivated them.
- How Prosecutors Prove the Value of Property Involved in Burglary and Theft Charges
When confronted with a case of burglary and theft, a prosecutor needs to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the accused individual is guilty. In order to do this, he or she needs to provide evidence that certain element exist, motive and opportunity.
- Burglary, Robbery, Shoplifting and Other Property Theft Crimes
There are many different types of theft crimes. It is important to know which of these has been committed so that a prosecutor does not face the case being thrown out when it goes before a judge.
- Differences Between Armed Robbery and Robbery in Georgia: Who Was the Victim? Was a Weapon Used?
Robbery in Georgia is a felony. The potential jail time varies [depending on whether] a weapon is involved. or the victim is elderly.
- Stolen Items in Hotel, Am I Permitted to View the Hotel Video Footage?
In situations where theft occurs, there may be a few options in progressing to a potential resolution to the matter. It may be possible to seek the assistance of local law enforcement to seek a solution. Another possibility is hiring a lawyer to help throughout the procedures.
- Here’s What You Can Do if You’ve Been Falsely Accused of Identity Theft
The obvious reaction on getting accused for identity theft would be to panic, however, consulting a criminal defense attorney could get you much clarity of the legal proceedings and your available options. He can considerably minimize the harsh consequences to the minimum possible.
- PA Supreme Court Limits Government's Ability to Take Your Belongings in Civil Forfeiture Cases
In a unanimous 73-page opinion, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has provided significantly increased protections for property-owners in civil forfeiture cases where the matter arises out of some sort of criminal wrongdoing for which there may not have been a prosecution.
- Smash and Grab Thefts on the Rise
A smash and grab is a theft that occurs when the perpetrators drive a car into a building, quickly grab all the merchandise or money that they can and then flee. Even though the act is dramatic, attention getting, and often triggers alarms by breaking through security, they work because they happen so quickly. Just this week a Littleton gun store was hit for the third time this year.