Theft Lawyers in the USA
Theft Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Theft - Recent Legal Articles
- Debt Collection in Texas
The Texas Tribune, in conjunction with NerdWallet, recently reported on the debt collection practices of rent-to-own businesses in Texas and other states.
- Texas Lawmakers to Look at Criminal Prosecution of People in Debt to Rent to Own Companies
Usually, when an individual has a payment dispute with a business, the matter is ultimately settled in a civil court.
- Defending Burglary, Robbery and Theft Related Charges in Philadelphia
Burglary, robbery, and theft-related charges in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania carry serious consequences which will affect your life now and in the future.
- Helping Someone Who Has Committed a Crime: Are You Committing a Crime Yourself?
When a person helps or "gives assistance" to a friend or family member who's committing a crime, that person may be committing a crime known as aiding and abetting in Kansas City. Even though the idea to commit the offense may not have been yours and you may have only played a small role by helping, you could face criminal charges. If you helped someone who has committed a crime in any way, you'll want to seek the legal guidance of a seasoned Kansas City criminal defense attorney.
- Petit Crimes: "The Devil Made Me Do It!"
Being arrested or charged with a crime can be a devastating experience, especially when you've never been in trouble before. People caught shoplifting are often blindsided by their own behavior and have a difficult time explaining what motivated them.
- How Prosecutors Prove the Value of Property Involved in Burglary and Theft Charges
When confronted with a case of burglary and theft, a prosecutor needs to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the accused individual is guilty. In order to do this, he or she needs to provide evidence that certain element exist, motive and opportunity.
- Burglary, Robbery, Shoplifting and Other Property Theft Crimes
There are many different types of theft crimes. It is important to know which of these has been committed so that a prosecutor does not face the case being thrown out when it goes before a judge.
- Differences Between Armed Robbery and Robbery in Georgia: Who Was the Victim? Was a Weapon Used?
Robbery in Georgia is a felony. The potential jail time varies [depending on whether] a weapon is involved. or the victim is elderly.
- Stolen Items in Hotel, Am I Permitted to View the Hotel Video Footage?
In situations where theft occurs, there may be a few options in progressing to a potential resolution to the matter. It may be possible to seek the assistance of local law enforcement to seek a solution. Another possibility is hiring a lawyer to help throughout the procedures.
- Here’s What You Can Do if You’ve Been Falsely Accused of Identity Theft
The obvious reaction on getting accused for identity theft would be to panic, however, consulting a criminal defense attorney could get you much clarity of the legal proceedings and your available options. He can considerably minimize the harsh consequences to the minimum possible.