Unfair Competition Lawyers in the USA
Unfair Competition Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Unfair Competition - Recent Legal Articles
- Is an Anticompetitive Contract Clause an Ancillary Restraint that Will Survive Antitrust Scrutiny?
Setting prices or allocating markets with your competitor is a terrible idea. Doing so is likely to lead to civil litigation and perhaps even criminal penalties.
- Bid-Rigging Is a Per Se Violation of the Antitrust Laws
Bid rigging violates the U.S. antitrust laws.
- Legality of Paying for Online Reviews
Online reviews for products, services and amenities through websites and companies draw customers and clients in for business. However, some of these organizations pay for the online reviews, which could be in the gray legal area.
- When Is the Filed Rate Doctrine a Defense to an Antitrust Lawsuit?
The doctrine of federal antitrust law includes several immunities and exemptions—entire areas that are off limits to certain antitrust actions. This can be confusing, especially because these “exceptions” arise, grow, and shrink over time, at the seeming whim of federal courts.
- About Federal Antitrust Laws
The antitrust laws in the United States are a collection of both federal and state regulations in place that control both the conduct and corporate business transactions.
- When Misleading Advertising Causes a Deal to Fall Through
Some companies advertise products or services in a way that is considered false. This means that what is proposed by the business to the public or other organizations is not what the product is capable of in many circumstances.
- How Antitrust Affects Potential Buyers in Real Estate Dealings
Real estate deals are often complicated when applying the regulations for both state and federal laws and acts. This could be as simple as watching what is said about the property to as severe as ensuring all defects and blemishes are disclosed even if they cause the loss of sale or rent. However, antitrust may affect a buyer in real estate business transactions in a number of ways. This causes real estate agencies to become more careful in pricing, cooperation, the business models used associations and other factors.
- False or Deceptive Competitor Advertising Hurting Your Bottom Line?
There are resources and options available for business owners when competitors undercut pricing by selling inferior goods or services.
- Why Is Antitrust Compliance Counseling and Training so Important for Companies?
If, like me, you have ever spoken to someone that faces criminal indictment by a federal grand jury following a Justice Department antitrust investigation, you know why antitrust compliance counseling and training is a big deal—you don’t need reasons; hearing the crackle of the voice is enough to understand.
- Exclusive Dealing Under the U.S. Antitrust Laws
Are you unable to compete for certain customers because those customers are bound by exclusive-dealing agreements with your competitors? Or are you a competitor who has or is considering an exclusive-dealing agreement?