Legal Job in Atlanta, Georgia
Experienced Legal Assistant
Brought by LawCrossing
Job DescriptionAssociate Counsel - Experienced Legal Assistant
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Company Name: Begner & Begner, PC
LEGAL ASSISTANT - EXPERIENCED for full-time position in small Sandy Springs law firm
Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate from accredited paralegal program.
At least 4 years' Litigation experience.
Knowledge of various Court rules and filing requirements.
Knowledge of the format of various legal documents including, but not limited to, Requests for Production of Documents, Responses to Interrogatories, Certificates of Service, Motions and other pleadings.
Broad knowledge of terminology (legal) as it relates to particular practice areas.
Demonstrate strong technical skills including spelling, diction, and grammatical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook and legal billing and accounting software.
Demonstrate exceptional multi-tasking organizational skills, prioritization, proofreading, and attention to detail to allow for timely, effective, and accurate performance of job duties with little or no outside assistance.
Ability to follow written and oral instructions, and understand complex legal concepts and terminology.
Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in confidential matters.
Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide or obtain information with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
Accurate typing ability of 70 wpm.
Comprehensive computer and office equipment experience.
Provide full administrative support services to attorneys while remaining flexible to provide assistance in various critical areas throughout the firm.
Transcribe dictation and properly format letters, pleadings, and other forms.
Prepare rough drafts, proofread before finalizing legal documents.
Copy and mail all letters, documents, and packages to various parties via Certified, Registered USPS, FedEx, or courier service.
Properly file legal documents with Courts and cc/bccs appropriate parties.
Ensure exact compliance with client guidelines relating to preparation and mailing of cc/bcc, copying of documents, and other client requirements.
Open new files (electronic and hard copy)
Draft acknowledgment or engagement letters to client.
Continuously maintain file content, indexes, and tabulations.
Maintain accurate electronic and hard copies of client/case information.
Enter attorney billable time into billing software on a regular basis.
Posted: November 1, 2017
Reference #: 5711392
Job QualificationsMinimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 2-5 Years
Job opening research, job opening reporting, technological innovation
Headquartered in Pasadena, California, with offices throughout the world, LawCrossing locates and classifies jobs on every source it can find and provides its highly specialized research to job seekers, recruiters and other job sites throughout North America.
* LawCrossing is the world leader in "pure" monitoring and reporting of legal jobs, through its active and growing research into all legal employers throughout the world. We take no money from employers or advertisers so our research results remain "pure" and uninfluenced by employers and advertisers.
* LawCrossing serves consumer job seekers, recruiting firms, university career service offices, unemployment offices and outplacement firms, bringing job opening research, employer information, and more to EmploymentCrossing's clients.
* LawCrossing is a part of EmploymentCrossing which has over 120 geographic and location-specific "Crossing" sites that service most professions and geographic areas in North America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
* LawCrossing is a company owned by Employment Research Institute, one of the world's largest conglomerates of job search-related companies.
* LawCrossing's parent company, Employment Research Institute, has over 300 employees.
* LawCrossing has been on the Inc. 500 twice and has consistently been the most trafficked legal job site for the past several years.
* A significant percentage of American attorneys are or have been members of LawCrossing in the past.
* LawCrossing has been exceptionally effective at what it does, consistently increasing the number of jobs on its site year after year even in down economies....more
Firm's Information: LawCrossing