Virginia Law Schools Libraries
Virginia Law Schools Libraries
- Arlington - George Mason University - School of Law Library
The George Mason University School of Law Library is an academic research center that supports the information needs of the faculty and students of the School of Law.
- Charlottesville - University of Virginia School of Law Library
The Law Library provides a full range of services to support faculty research and teaching, from answering complex reference queries to supplying legal and nonlegal books, journal articles, and photocopies. Law Library staff retrieve and copy materials from other UVA libraries and place interlibrary requests for items not available at UVA.
- Grundy - Appalachian School of Law Library
The Appalachian School of Law Library offers students, faculty, staff, the bench and bar, and the general public access to almost 218,000 volumes of legal materials. The Library maintains a core collection of federal and regional reporters, all federal and state codes, citators, and almost 3500 periodical subscriptions.
- Lexington - Washington and Lee University School of Law Library
Washington and Lee University's School of Law was one of just 12 of the nation's top 30 law schools to post black enrollment gains over the past decade, and one of four with gains exceeding 15 percent, with an increase of 33% from 1997 to 2006.
- Lynchburg - Liberty University School of Law Library
addition to the core collection – consisting of federal and state codes, court decisions, and administrative decisions; Congressional records; international materials; and a large legal periodicals section – the law library is continually adding titles that amplify the curriculum and the mission of the School of Law. The classics of the Western Legal Tradition and the writings of the great legal thinkers, educators, and judges of the past and present are provided to undergird a principle philosophy of the law school: ad fontes (“back to the sources”).
- Richmond - University of Richmond School of Law Library
The collection of more than 380,000 volumes and volume equivalents contains all federal and state codes, session laws of all states on microfiche, published opinions of all federal and state appellate courts, an expanding collection of legal periodicals and law reviews and a growing collection of treatises, looseleaf services, finding aids and reference works. The library houses substantial British and Canadian collections, United States Supreme Court records and briefs on microfiche, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals records and briefs and an extensive collection of Virginia Supreme Court records and briefs. Additionally, the library's international law collection is growing with an emphasis on European Union materials.
- Virginia Beach - Regent University School of Law Library
Part of that training is to equip students with the skills needed to be an excellent attorney. We have an outstanding and rigorous writing program. Also, we offer superb training in the legal skills of negotiation, mediation, trial advocacy and appellate advocacy. Our competition teams have had extraordinary success. Last spring, our moot court, negotiation and mediation teams all advanced to the American Bar Association national tournament from the regional competition and finished among the top teams in the nation.
- Williamsburg - College of William and Mary Marshall Library
The Wolf Law Library, with over 400,000 volumes and 568 seats, offers a superb environment for study, research, and relaxation. We provide access to law and law-related resources and a wide range of services that support the law school curriculum and programs, promote the advancement of legal scholarship, and fulfill the information needs of library users.
Virginia Academic Libraries
- Appalachian School of Law Library
- Bluefield College Library
- Bridgewater College Library
- Christopher Newport University Library
- College of William and Mary Library
- Eastern Mennonite University Library
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Library
- George Mason University Library
- Hampden-Sydney College Library
- James Madison University Library
- Liberty Unversity Library
- Longwood College Library
- Lynchburg College Library
- Marine Corps University Libraries Library
- Old Dominion University Library
- Radford University Library
- Randolph-Macon College Library
- Regent University Library
- Roanoke College Library
- Shenandoah University Library
- Sweet Briar College Library
- University of Mary Washington Library
- University of Richmond Library
- University of Virginia Library
- Virginia Commonwealth University Library
- Virginia Military Institute Library
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Library
- Virginia State University Library
- VIVA, The Virtual Library of Virginia Library
- Washington and Lee University Library